Saturday, October 17, 2009

Religulous and Indiana Jones.

Currently watching the Bill Maher documentary/film 'Religulous'. And it's making me mad.

I'm annoyed that Bill has no time for the people he interviews. He wants the Christians and other people of faith to listen to him, but he won't allow them to speak. He mocks their answers. And the film is badly edited to make everyone apart from him look completely stupid.

What a dick.

I normally love films like this, I love seeing people question and tear apart things that I follow avidly. I don't find it detrimental to my faith. I enjoy questions. However, this is making me feel uncomfortable.

The other thing I'm getting mad about is how many absolute idiots they managed to interview for this movie. People who claim that Jesus wore fine clothes, people who judge other groups without even meeting them, people whose livelihoods involve making money out of icons and Christian 'items'. Seeing Bill Maher wander through this shop, which had literally hundreds of different crosses in it, made me even more mad.

It made me think of Indiana Jones, how he has to choose from the cup which Jesus drank from at the last supper...and it was the old, plain cup. Not a fancy one. Why do we make so much money and screw people over for items that mean nothing? How can we justify buying things that are just used to make us look good?

I know this is completely generalising, but I'm working it out as I speak.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home