Thursday, October 08, 2009

Can't sleep.

So it's past 4am and I am awake in bed. Hmmmph. My eyes are so tired and my head aches with sleepiness, but my mind is whirring. So I'm listening to a little Jem Cooke.

"You don't know, you don't see, how lovely you are. But everyone around you can so very easily. When you're tired but you can't sleep. And you're broken on your knees. When your heart feels like it needs reminding how to breathe, just call on me and take your time."
Wow, I didn't think how apt those words were until writing them out just then! Am I broken on my knees? I don't think so. But I'm definitely tired and can't sleep. Does my heart feel like it needs reminding how to breathe? Probably. Sometimes I get busy. And caught up in the moment. I feel so content and happy with Jesus. But maybe I don't give myself room to breathe? Sometimes my heart yearns for things. Like an ache. It doesn't rest until I do something about it. And it feels like there are some things that have been aching for a while.
Still awaiting further instructions. Maybe that's part of the problem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home