Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Seeing his face.

Recently, I have been wrestling with God.

You know the kind of wrestling - when you cling onto somebody and start shouting that you wont let go until something happens? Like Jacob holding onto God and literally wrestling Him, and he wouldn't let go until God blessed him.

At Soul Survivor, I asked that Jesus would show me His face. And I told God that I wouldn't stop praying that until I saw it. Quite a few times during the songs, I would close my eyes and see things: people singing, angels singing, a massive tree coming up from beneath the stage, an empty tent...but not Jesus' face.

And I got frustrated and almost petty about it. Stubborn, I guess.

But throughout the week, God was prompting me in the places I would find Jesus' face. And after an interesting thing that He suggested to me (about being active with justice, going to literally feed the poor) He said, "This is where you'll see my face."

I saw Jesus in the homeless and the poor. I saw Him in the children who are illiterate and can't afford to go to school. I caught glimpses of His face in the forgotten and the marginalised. I spotted Him amongst the rubbish dumps and the shop doorways, the trailer parks and the street corners.

And God told me to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home