Thursday, August 27, 2009

Being drenched.

"The Word we study has to be the Word we pray.....We must never allow the authority of books, institutions, or leaders to replace the authority of knowing Jesus Christ personally and directly."

I love reading. I totally get absorbed into books and get caught up in them. And often forget to just spend time with God. It is so easy (and I can't believe how much) to read other books, rather than the Bible; to speak to other people, rather than God. Gosh.

I need to get my head round this. And I always put it off. I'm like, "I'll get it sorted this weekend." but then never do. Maybe I should just sort it out tonight. Go and do some deep breathing again down by the sea. Try and remember what God's voice sounds like...

"In essence, there is only one thing God asks of us - that we be men and women of prayer, people who live close to God, people for whom God is everything and for whom God is enough."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home