Monday, July 13, 2009

Breathing.

I decided to follow suit and left my bed earlier (I know, so very early was I in bed!) and walked to the end of my street. If you walk literally to the end of my road, you come to the sea. It's not some sort of crashing, exciting sea...not like back home in Devon. It's the still sea that you find on the edge of houses. With boats and lots of buoys.

So I went and sat down on one of the best benches (not quite THE best) and it started to rain. Then...I breathed. I don't think I've sat down and breathed quite so deeply for such a long time.
It actually made me cry.

I love that I can be the busiest person and yet as soon as I sit for 5 minutes and breathe deeply, it feels like everything stops. It was so calming. And I think it brought to the surface stuff which I still needed to hand over to God. Certain relationships, worries...things that I actually believe I've given over to Him. And yet I haven't. I still try and work things out in my own time and my own way.

It was freeing handing them over.

But I know I'll need to do exactly the same thing again tomorrow. And the next day. And the next.

When was the last time you stopped to breathe?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so glad you did it. Yay this was also so exciting to read. Breathing is just so amazing.

who would of thunk it hey!

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home