Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Generosity

I was back home in Devon this past weekend. And I was really blown away by the generosity of some of my friends. There were a couple of times when I didn't have any money with me, or didn't have enough...and my friends every time offered to pay. They even offered to give me money, to help with stuff I was talking about.

It made me laugh cos I will automatically take something I am given. Yes, I may be shocked by someone's generosity...but I will not refuse something that I am given.

We are often challenged by how willing we are to give.
But how willing are we to receive?

I reckon we're pretty rubbish at it. And its always pride that's at the centre. Even if we can't see it, a reluctance to accept something from another person comes from our own pride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home