Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I hate money.

Uuuurgh. I really do. The more I come across it's use and abuse in everyday life, I fall less and less in love with it. And that is honesty - we do often love money. Ironically it is that 'love of money' which Jesus so detested.

I hate how money determines so many decisions for us, it influences opinions, it controls and manipulates us. Even the best people can be lured in by the false promises of money. It is tantalisingly good to look at, and even better to hold. Money is like a drug and I hate that so many people are affected by it.

Money often consumes my thoughts. I worry at the end of the month that I don't have enough of it. I panic when I feel like I have too much. I try to spend wisely and yet give it away too easily. And yet we don't talk about our money issues with anyone. We are affronted when someone asks us how much we earn, or what we spend it on. I get sick of the hold money has on me and how destructive it is in lives.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rob Salisbury said...

I like this, especially the last paragraph. totally identify with that

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home