Friday, May 08, 2009

Jesus' love language

My love language (I think) is time spent or acts of service.

One of the interesting things about where I live was finding out that freaking EVERYONE loves hugging and kissing and telling each other they love them. And I found that hard.

Its not that I don't love those things, I have totally grown to love them. I just don't connect with them. For someone to tell me, "I love you" - I need them to show it. I have had enough experiences of people goofing off and saying bad things to me, afterwards saying, "I love you." And I'm like, "NOOOOOO YOU DON'T!" How can you say that when you're actions aren't backing it up.

I feel like that with Jesus. How can we say we love Him when our actions don't back it up?

I kinda think that Jesus likes ALL the love languages. He definitely likes acts of service (!) ... He likes words of affirmation (just think about the songs we sing in church) ... physical touch (c'mon Holy Spirit) ... material gifts (tithing haha) ... time spent (this is a big one).

Feel free to challenge me. Tell me you love me. Tell me you like something about me. I'll find it hard to hear but its good for me. If you want to show me you love me, just spend some time with me or do something for me.

You'll know I love you cos I'll want to spend time with you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home