Friday, May 01, 2009

Jealous Girl

I had a dream last night, it was very vivid. I remember feeling extraordinarily jealous of two friends. I wasn't even aware I was dreaming. I just had this overwhelming feeling of being gutted, of wanting to it to be ME not THEM. I was literally seething with jealousy.

Now, I am not really a jealous person but when I am it seems to be over trivial things. And it is often to do with people. A friend of mine once said that she struggles with jealousy when she sees girls who she feels has it 'sorted' and she wants to be like them. I wonder if jealousy stems from our own insecurities? Whether that is low self worth, or lack of confidence...we see things in other people that we want for ourselves. I know someone else who would express her longing to be in the place of another.

And I met with four girls this morning, asking them if they think its possible to stop being jealous. They said things like:
"Tell the person, the one who is involved in why you feel jealous..."
"Do practical things, like not putting yourself in a situation that would encourage jealousy..."
"Isn't jealousy the same as envy?"

In Romans 12, it says: "Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. HONOUR ONE ANOTHER ABOVE YOURSELVES."


How can we honour others above ourselves today?
Will we choose to rejoice in another's happiness?
Or put someone else's needs above our own?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home